Good morning, Orange! Hope you had a great weekend. Here’s the latest local news, events and community posts courtesy of Tuesday’s issue of the Orange Daily.
Here you’ll find new stories, as well as stories you may have missed this week, among other helpful information relevant to Orange!
Let’s get started, shall we?
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Orange? Our premium local sponsorships will keep you at the top of inboxes around town every morning. Contact us here for the lowdown.
First, today’s weather:
Partly cloudy throughout the day. High: 83 Low: 63.
Now here are some fun upcoming events in Orange, via the Patch calendar:
- Wed, Sept. 15, 2021 at 10 a.m.
Join Traci O’Brien, co-owner of Senior Insurance Consultants, for a free Medicare 101 presentation in honor of National Medicare Education Week!
More info here.
- Sat, Sept. 18, 2021 at 10 a.m.
The Friends of Beacon Falls Library is hosting a Fall Vendor Fair on the St. Michaels Church Grounds. Entry is FREE! Shop from a variety of 30+ vendors who will have cash & carry items.
More info here.
The Fall Classic Outdoor Tournament to Benefit Bridges Healthcare
- Fri, Sept. 24, 2021 at 1 p.m.
Join us to support our outdoor charity golf outing. Golf Lounge 18 has teamed up with Bridges Healthcare for the inaugural tournament.
More info here.
Orange Patch Notebook
- Town of Orange, Connecticut, Police Department: “9/10/21 Orange’s newest officer, Kurt Correia, joined our Department on September 7th. Kurt is a 2017 graduate of Worcester State University, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice. Kurt is a lateral transfer from Acton,…” (Facebook)
- Yale School of Nursing: “Current Health Care Leadership, Systems & Policy Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) student Elizabeth Clark MSN, APRN, FNP-BC recently testified before the House Public Health Committee at the Capitol in Austin, Texas. A member of the Texa…” (Facebook)
- Yale School of Nursing: “Ekaterina Ginzburg started at YSN nine years ago with a singular responsibility: to support the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program. Now as the Director of Academic Support, Instructional Technology and Design, she drives teaching a…” (Facebook)
- Orange, CT Chamber of Commerce: “PSSSSST. It’s coming next week! BE ONE OF THE FIRST to GET IT! Your Shop Local Membership Card will be waiting for you. Visit the Chamber’s table at the Museum Building at next week’s Orange Country Fair and it’s all yours. FREE!” (Facebook)
- Orange Little League, Orange CT: “One week until the deadline to register for the banquet!” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Gigs & services:
Alrighty, you’re all good for today and ready to head out the door. Thanks for catching up with us!
Also, if you’re enjoying these newsletters, why not consider bringing some friends and neighbors along for the ride?!
You can send them this link to subscribe.
— RJ Scofield
About me: I’m RJ Scofield, a local Patch editor for Connecticut. I have been working in journalism since graduating from Roger Williams University with a degree in, you guessed it, journalism. I have lived in Connecticut for most of my life and love getting to share interesting local stories with readers and craft compelling features about the unsung heroes of a community.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Orange Daily? I’m all ears. You can email me at RJ.Scofield@patch.com.